The beneficiaries flexi-access drawdown conundrumAdvisor support package
This package includes a guide to pension death benefit options, providing a simple analysis of the underlying law and the evaluation to follow for each beneficiary. Plus two professional guides related to money purchase and defined benefit schemes and a client-friendly summary explaining the importance of completing an expression of wish.
The rough guide to money purchase pension death benefit options
Our flowchart provides a simple analysis of the underlying law and the evaluation to follow for each potential beneficiary.Download Now
Pension death benefits payable under money purchase schemes
- Income tax treatment of benefits paid following the death of the member under age 75
- Income tax treatment on death age 75 and over
- Charity lump sum death benefits
- Inheritance tax treatment
- Expressions of wish
Pension death benefits payable under defined benefit schemes
- Death in service, in deferment or in retirement
- Potential beneficiaries
- Taxation – member’s death before age 75
- Pension freedom rules
Questions or feedback?
Although the information provided in this package is fairly comprehensive, it may not answer all your questions. While we can’t undertake to respond to you individually, we’d like to hear your feedback to help develop material that best assists you.