The beneficiaries flexi-access drawdown conundrumAdviser support package
A quick overview
Paul Kennedy and Paul Squirrell, our tax and pension experts, discuss pitfalls and issues to be considered with the payment of beneficiaries flexi-access drawdown death benefits.
This video was recorded prior to implementation of social distancing measures.
Questions or feedback?
Although the information provided in this package is fairly comprehensive, it may not answer all your questions. While we can’t undertake to respond to you individually, we’d like to hear your feedback to help develop material that best assists you.
The rough guide to money purchase pension death benefit options
Our flowchart provides a simple analysis of the underlying law and the evaluation to follow for each potential beneficiary.Download Now
Pension death benefits payable under money purchase schemes
- Income tax treatment of benefits paid following the death of the member under age 75
- Income tax treatment on death age 75 and over
- Charity lump sum death benefits
- Inheritance tax treatment
- Expressions of wish
Pension death benefits payable under defined benefit schemes
- Death in service, in deferment or in retirement
- Potential beneficiaries
- Taxation – member’s death before age 75
- Pension freedom rules