Capital gains reporting service
This service allows you to calculate investors' capital gains positions for investments held on the platform. It's the easy way of managing and reporting capital gains positions on behalf of your clients.
- Unrealised and tax-year specific realised gains reports are available
- There’s the ability to deliver bulk and/or single client reports
- Reports account for historic deals with daily updates of new transactions
- Calculations are made using prices from the end of the previous business day
- Data is available on screen or you can print and download via PDF or Excel
- Entry of acquisition costs for capital gains purposes for re-registered and stock transferred investments
To support you with our enhanced acquisition cost functionality, we have a factsheet that you can find within 'Help and support' once you have logged in. Here you will also find our comprehensive user guide.
Calculations take into account acquisition date and cost, disposal proceeds, current value, equalisation and notional distributions and corporate actions. Computations follow the general CGT rules of identification and matching.
Calculating capital gains
In this video, Paul Kennedy, our Head of Tax & Trust Planning, talks about the complexities of calculating capital gains
In his latest postcard, Paul looks at calculations, acquisition costs and disposal matching rulesTaxing calculations: Capital Gains Tax
This content does not constitute financial advice, tax advice or legal advice, or provide any recommendations.