- Easy access: buy and trade shares in investment trusts on the stock market
- Wide range of investments: offers flexibility and better long-term returns
- Close-ended structure: buy and sell shares with no impact on the underlying portfolio
- Gearing: option to borrow money for additional investment opportunities in the market
- Dividends: consistent payouts provide a smooth income source for shareholders
- Governance: investments are monitored periodically to protect clients’ interests
Investment Trusts capture potential stock market opportunities around the world, offering you a diverse range of assets to choose from.
Key features at a glance
Please note that the value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up so the client may get back less than they invest.
Investing with us
- Our range from providers such as Aberdeen, BlackRock and Fidelity is available online, and can be used in our Pension, ISA and Investment Account.
- Get up-to-date valuations alongside your clients’ other investment portfolios.
Clear and simple pricing
- Low dealing fees and Stamp Duty of 0.5%
- Ongoing charges apply and vary from trust to trust
- Performance fees may be applicable
Financial Transaction Tax (FTT) applies to purchases of some European exchange-traded instruments, including some domiciled in Europe and traded on the other exchanges, such as the London Stock Exchange (LSE). It is charged as a percentage of the transaction value and may vary between countries (e.g. Spanish FTT is charged at 0.2%).
There is a flat rate charge of £1 that will be made on a purchase or sale of UK shares with a transaction value of over £10,000 if your trade is the only one made at the time if the trade is aggregated (such as those made via your adviser or intermediary), or if the trade was placed by you online as a Market Order or Limit order. It is used to finance the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers.
There is also flat rate charge of €1.25 (in the Sterling equivalent) that will be made on a purchase or sale of Irish shares with a transaction value of over €12,500* if your trade is the only one made at the time if the trade is aggregated (such as those made via your adviser or intermediary), or if the trade was placed by you online as a Market Order or Limit order. It is used to finance the Irish Takeover Panel.
Corporate Actions for Investment Trusts can be viewed online once you have selected your client.
Register with us
To access our technical support and investing tools, you need to be registered for our online services.
Find an Investment Trust
Login and use Investment Finder to search for funds and exchange-traded investments for your clients.
Login and use Chart and Compare to quickly and easily compare the performance of any of our funds.