In this section
Cash accounts including interest
Here you’ll find details on our cash facilities, including the current interest rates. These consist of a central Cash Management Account (CMA) and Cash Accounts for each product (ISA, Pension and Investment Account).
Skip to section
The current interest rates we pay on cash held in our accounts are:
|Gross rate of annual interest
|Annual Equivalent Rate (AER)
|ISA (including Junior ISA)
|Cash Management Account
|SIPP (Including Junior SIPP)
More information on interest payments:
- Interest rates can be changed at any time
- Interest payments will be made monthly in arrears on or around the 21st of each month and there will be no lower limit on interest paid
- Interest will not be paid on unsettled cash in accounts
- Where HMRC requires, the interest will be paid net of basic rate tax. This would be in the case of interest paid into our Investment Accounts and Cash Management Account. Interest in ISAs and Pensions is paid gross.
- We will initially pay interest to the account on which the interest was accrued, but as part of our treatment of income options, for ISAs and Investment Accounts, you can choose to then have this interest payment moved to the Cash Management Account
- We do not charge a service fee for holding cash, but we do retain some interest which reduces our net rate.
Cash Management Account
- Fees and withdrawals can be facilitated for ISAs and Investment Accounts
- Natural income from account assets can be consolidated into the CMA which can then be withdrawn
- Cash can be moved between the CMA and an ISA or Investment Account
- Clients can deposit directly into the CMA themselves.
Cash can also be held within an ISA, Pension and Investment Account as part of the product structure. This is known as Product Cash and is held alongside other assets within the wrapper. Product Cash can be used to fund investments or as a temporary home at times of market volatility when a client wants to sell out of funds or other investments.