Diversity and Inclusion matters
Anne Richards, CEO, Fidelity International
We believe Diversity and Inclusion helps shape our performance and the service you receive. So, we deliver mandatory training, roll-out inclusive policies and processes to let our people thrive, and encourage our people to put our commitments into action; we hold our suppliers to similarly high standards; we collaborate sector-wide; we lend our support across communities; we raise awareness where we can and we celebrate the positive steps we make. Quite simply, Diversity and Inclusion matters at Fidelity. Here's what we're doing.
A focussed approach
To make sure we're able to deliver real change we're concentrating on four global priorities.
We recognise how important it is to improve accessibility and enablement for our customers with different abilities and health conditions.
We know that addressing any gender imbalances - in terms of representation and pay gap - is not just the right thing to do; we also believe it makes commercial sense.
We do more than talk about Diversity and Inclusion. We take action.
Our activities include extensive campaign and awareness work, events, programmes, collaborations and partnerships. To drive through change, our Diversity and Inclusion efforts are championed by senior leadership members and Fidelity For Everyone, a company-wide network which gives our employees a platform to influence our Diversity and Inclusion agenda and make things happen.
We also make sure we monitor our activity too. It shows how far we've come, yet we're happy to put our hand up and say that we've still got some way.
We’re convinced that our diversity makes us a better company to work for and do business with. It really matters to us and it’s why we have a series of measures to keep us on track.
- Objectives - Each Diversity and Inclusion priority has defined objectives incorporated into our business goals.
- Targets - To continuously improve our performance, we set goals and targets.
- Reviews - We use data to track progress, as well as measure (voluntarily and confidentially) and audit our performance to drive continuous improvement.
- Accountability - We hold senior leaders accountable for our Diversity and Inclusion progress.
- Customer experience - We assess and continuously improve our customer experience to meet the needs of all our diverse customer base.
Committed to the cause
We've signed up to a number of public commitments to show just how dedicated we are to Diversity and Inclusion at Fidelity.
- Joined the Valuable 500 which commits to making disability inclusion a board-room level initiative.
- The DWP Disability Confident scheme level 1
- The Race at Work Charter
- The Women in Finance Charter
- The UN LGBTI Standards of Conduct for Business
Getting to know our people
We asked our employees to tell us what makes them feel included. Here’s what they shared…